Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pride

I don't know about the other working people in the world, but I have to admit that I wear my Ernst & Young doggie tag with pride. Although Ernst & Young isn't such a big organisation like McKinsey, BCG or even Accenture, but I do feel proud that I'm working in EY. Even while I'm at the client's, I still try to keep on my EY tag where possible. I can proudly say that I'm honoured to be working in my department in EY.

I'm not too sure about the rest of my colleagues or friends but I feel that being proud of your company is very important. Its not like EY had some training program to instill the sense of loyalty and honour to them but I just feel that I'm really glad to be where I am currently. Whenever people ask me where do I work, I pump up my chest, put on a sincere smile and tell them with a hint of happiness and a pinch of eagerness in my tone, "I work in EY, Ernst & Young." Occassionally I do get dragged down to Earth to crash and burn when they reply me, "Oh ok ok... what's that?! What do they do ah?!" Haha... Although it's perfectly normal not to know what or who EY is but I can't help but feel a little embarrassed. Nevertheless, even more people don't know who McKinsey and BCG is, so I guess it isn't all that bad anyway. :p

I feel that as long as you have the sense of pride in whatever you're doing and whoever you're working for, the willingness to learn and to perform to your best abilities come out naturally. Whenever I do a project or meet a client, I always remind myself that they don't care what I have to say. After all, I'm a small little plankton in the sea. What they care about is what EY has to say and I'm representing EY. Hence, I always do my best to portray my best image to the client. I always enter with a smile, greet them as how I would like to be greeted, ask them questions that I've have already prepared supporting evidence for and finally thank them for their time and exit with a broad and pleased smile.

For now, I wouldn't mind staying in EY for the next 2 years because I'm still learning a lot of new things. Maybe my mind will change 2 years from now or even 1 year from now, but until then, my pride is high for Ernst & Young!

6 Comments:

Blogger kinkybluefairy said...

Heh *i've* heard of EY :D

9:10 PM  
Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng said...

Haha Joyce... thanks for the support :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger me me me said...

I thoroughly agree. :o)

(Too bad EY Australia doesn't want me.)

12:41 AM  
Blogger kim said...

wahh..I hope I'll feel that way when I'm in the working world :P

9:50 AM  
Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng said...

hahaha you will you will!!!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you that I am proud to say that I've worked in EY before. How'd I wish EY Australia wants me!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home