Sunday, August 21, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I took some time off to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at GSC with Lik, Akmal, Soo Yee, Yoong and some of his friends last night. I had quite high expectations for the movie because I absolutely love the book. Although I read the book ages ago, must have been around a decade ago but I still remember many of the important parts of the book. I can gladly say that the movie exceeded my expectations. Although I didn't laugh all the way through the movie but I must admit that it was extremely delightful to watch. I did laugh when laugther was due but mostly, I just enjoy the sheer brilliance of Roald Dahl brought to live on the big screen.

Although the movie did not excel in any way but it was an utter delight to watch it. It's like the vanilla of ice creams. Plain yet delicious to be eaten or in this case watched. If you ask me, I would say that you would prolly enjoy the movie even more if you had read the book first and remembered what exactly happened. Eventhough the movie did alter a few aspects of the book but the bottomline is they kept true to the key points and elements and made fantasy a reality to all eyes. I'd give this movie a 9/10 but do factor in the fact that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was prolly one of my favourite if not my utter most favourite book when I was little. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger teckiee said...

yep yep! I loved the movie too! I went and bought myself bars of choco to much on after that hehehe

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home