Saturday, June 11, 2005

HORRIFIC Parenting

Most Malaysians would know about the 4 young boys who got lost in Fraser's Hill while jungle trekking. Thank God they were found alive and kicking 3-4 days after going missing. Sure, everyone is glad that they are safe and all but I would like to comment that I personally feel that their parents are super duper irresponsible. I mean, yor kids are only 9, 10, 14 and 16 and you let them wander off into the woods all alone with no adult supervision?!?! I'm sorry to say but I think that that shows no sense of responsibiliy what so ever.

When I have my own kids, I'll give my children more freedom once they reach Form 4 or 5 depending on the situation in the future. :p I'll most probably allow my Form 4 son to go jungle trekking without adult supervision (ala scouts) but I'll DEFINITELY disallow him to bring my other younger sons along. That is IF I have enough sons to pull that off. :p In my own opinion that's just plain stupidity. I honestly don't care if my children call me over-protective and inconsiderate but I'd much rather be an inconsiderate dad who still has many chances to make up for it than to be remembered/known as the cool and understanding dad who has no children to continue being cool and understanding.

I know I should be extremely thankful that they survived this ordeal. Don't get me wrong, I am TOTALLY thankful that they managed to come through this experience all healthy and well. But I believe the fact that the parents should have done a better parenting job here has been put aside due to the anxiety to find them and now the joy of finding them. This is only in my own opinion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng said...

sigh yeah... well, its all over now... thank God they are all safe and well... i guess its a story they can tell their own grand kids... :p

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home