Thursday, May 12, 2005

Employment Offer Letter

I went to Ernst & Young today to collect my Employment Offer Letter. So it has been confirmed that my pay will be RM2100 per month and I'm under 3 months probation. Although my pay will be RM2100, I'll be taking back only RM1700/1800 after EPF, SOCSO and some EY Sports Club thingy. If you're wondering what Sports Club thing, please allow me to quote the offer letter.

"All employees are required to be members of the Firm's sports club and the subscription to the club shall be deducted from the employee's salary."

Sigh, so I don't even know how much the subscription is. I felt so cheated when I read it man! But I guess that's what the working world is about. The worst thing is I don't even know what the sports club is!! Well, let's wait and see.

Anyway, I went through a breakdown of my expenditures according to my pay. Heh heh, anyone interested in seeing how it goes? Well, I'm still gonna post it here anyway so if you aren't interested then don't bother scrolling down yeah. :p

Ok ok..... here it goes....

Take home pay = 1700 (minimum)
Parking charges = 100
Petrol = 200
Lunch = 300
Handphone bill = 50
Sports activities = 50
Mom = 150
Entertainment = 250
Savings = 500

Which leaves me with RM 100 as emergency cash. Well, that's alright I guess. My mom says I don't have to give her allowance but if she'll accept it, I'm ever ready to give it to her. I allocated the minimum for parking and petrol. The 300 combined is if I only stay in the office and I don't venture out to the client's office. One thing that I would like to add is luckily I'm single for now so I don't have "other obligations" besides myself. Hahahaha.... :p Anyway, if I left out any expenditures in my calculations do let me know. Then I'll have to revise my cash flow plan a little. Maybe cut a little here and there to fit in whatever I missed out. Thanks yah?!

You can't lose when you help others win.
May 12th 2005

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend (Bobby) = RM50-RM100

10:51 PM  
Blogger kim said...

haha..wow,a really gOod breakdown! Must do the same toO when I graduate. I guess it really helps to stay at home with your parents..:) Cuz most of my american friends here, they have to work 2-3 jobs a week to pay for the house rent. Makes us feel kinda 'lucky' in a way :)

Golden Axe girl

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng said...

haha, first you were Ms. Papaya... now you're Golden Axe girl... what next Kim? Can't wait to find out... :p Yeah, no rent or car/house installments so I'm quite lucky.. :)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

300 for food? I dont think thats enough considering weekend will eat out with friends and usually costs more than 10 bucks for a meal.

$50 for handphone? Thats rather cheap. Good on ya!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home